At Christ Church Gipsy Hill we take Safeguarding seriously and ensure that all those working with children or vulnerable adults have completed a DBS check.
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
- promoting a safer environment and culture
- safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
- responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- responding to those who may pose a present risk to others.
The parish will:
- create a safe and caring place for all
- have two named Parish Safeguarding Officers (Ali Seal and Helen Williams) to work with the Incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures
- safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse
- ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish
- display on church premises and on the parish website the details of whom to contact with safeguarding concerns or support needs
- listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse
- take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops’ guidance, including immediately notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser and statutory agencies
- offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred
- care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties
- ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually
- review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
If you have any questions regarding our safeguarding policy, or would like to discuss any safeguarding concerns, please speak to one of our Parish Safeguarding officers, Helen Williams or Ali Seal, or to our Vicar, Jonathan Croucher.