There has been a church on Highland Road since the original Christ Church was built in 1867, soon after the opening of the Crystal Palace at its new location in 1854. It was one of the first buildings on Gipsy Hill and when first opened the whole of the left side of Gipsy Hill going down to the railway station was open common with banks high above the road.
The current Christ Church building was rebuilt in 1987 after a fire destroyed the Victorian original.
To celebrate 150 years since Christ Church was consecrated, we will be hosting several events throughout 2017.
Read A History of Christ Church (1862 - 1967) - a story of the parish from a 1967 publication to mark the Centenary of the Church.